Our Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program (PRP) focuses on providing support and assistance with individuals living with mental illness to reach a higher level of independence. We assist consumers with coordinating and accessing services as well as resources in their community. Our consumers will be connected to a Support Coach who will provide support and assist with problem-solving skills, coping strategies for issues such as depression, anxiety, relationship troubles, unresolved childhood issues, grief, stress management, body image issues and any other issues preventing them from reaching a higher level of independence.
The goal of PRP is:
- Attaining a better understanding of yourself, your goals and values
- Developing skills for improving your relationships
- Find resolution to your issues or concerns that led you to our program
- Learning new ways to cope with stress and anxiety
- Managing anger, grief, depression, and other emotional pressures
- Improve communications and listening skills
- Change old behavior patterns and developing new ones that are more effective
- Discover new ways to solve problems in your family, marriage or relationships
- Improve your self-esteem and boost self-confidence
How to join Psychiatric Rehabilitation (PRP)?
An individual joins PRP after she/he is referred to the program by a Licensed professional such as a Therapist, Psychiatrist and another licensed professional. Your medical physician is NOT eligible to refer his/her patient to PRP directly. Individuals also have to belong to a Priority population to receive PRP services. If you are not currently receiving therapy services from a Licensed Professional, we can arrange therapy for you at Conduit so that you may begin receiving PRP Services.
Please click on to How to Join below to download
Please have the mental health professional FAX the Referral Form to either 443-759-9063. It takes 48 hours to receive approval for PRP. After approval, services will begin within 72 hours.
Who does Conduit serve?
Conduit provides psychiatric rehabilitation services for Adults and Minors with mental diagnosis. We currently provide services for individuals who live throughout the Metropolitan Baltimore Area.
For PRP services, the consumer should have Medical Assistance (MA), Primary Adult Care (PAC), or Employed Individuals with Disabilities (EID) benefits.
Prior authorization is required before services can begin. Once we receive a referral from a Licensed Professional it takes 48 hours to receive approval for PRP. After approval, services will begin within 72 hours.
We take confidentiality seriously. We understand the importance of confidentiality as it relates to your goals and rehab plan. It is an essential between a consumer and their Support Coach and Rehab Specialist. Successful PRP services requires a high degree of trust with highly sensitive subject matter. A confidential disclosure agreement will be provided, and you can expect that what you discuss with staff, coaches and/or rehab Specialist will not be shared with anyone. This is called “Informed Consent”. Sometimes, however, you may want or need Conduit or it's staff to share information or give an update to someone on your healthcare team (your Physician, Case Manager, Attorney, Mental Health Therapist), but by law your we (Conduit) cannot release this information without obtaining your written permission.
However, state law and professional ethics require Mental Health Programs to maintain confidentiality except for the following situations:
* Suspected past or present abuse or neglect of children, adults, and elders to the authorities, including Child Protection and law enforcement, based on information provided by the client or collateral sources.
* If the therapist has reason to suspect the client is seriously in danger of harming him/herself or has threated to harm another person.